Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tonight's the night!

Tonight, or rather Wednesday morning will be the day my sister arrives in Singapore. I guess she must be just as excited as I am! However, looking back at what I went through when I first came to Singapore, I tried to tone her excitement down a little. Isn't it true that in life, if we keep our expectations lower, we will almost always be happy. However, if expectations are too high, we can be sorely disappointed. Anyway, I am so excited I cannot sleep!

I don't expect her to go through what I went through, like sleeping in a room with eight people and having barely any money left to even to eat during my first month. Afterall, I came on my own but now she has the benefit of having me here to pave the way for her... ha ha... if you can call that pave the way (as I am still struggling myself too!) But at least, she can come knowing that she has a place to stay, a familiar face to pick her at the airport and a family member to talk to when she is down. I remember on one outing with some friends, I refused to buy a bottle of water at SGD1.00, knowing that back home in China, the same bottle sells for RMB1(about SGD0.20), even though I was parched dry and about to collapse of dehydration.

My lovely sister... welcome to Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment