Saturday, December 18, 2010

Looking after my sister!

My sister started work on Wednesday afternoon after her medical check-up earlier in the day. The agent said that she will be selling clothes but she ended up selling shoes instead! She did not mind that actually, they are quite the same. She works at the Ang Mo Kio MRT Station at a store called KIYO. I believed they have several branches all over the island as I remembered seeing them before. I text my sister to tell her that I will be picking her up as she is not sure how to take the train system in Singapore. I'll show her the way home and then the following day, she will have to do it all on her own.

That evening when I came home, I prepared some dinner for her before I went to pick her. Here's what the dinner looked like. My sister told me she is not quite used to the local food yet, so I'll just cook something up for the next few days until she knows what to eat. I know how it's like to be in a new country... in a new culture all alone. I've been through it all just over 2 years ago and it's no fun... so I'm going to make sure my sister's life here is better!

My sister works 6 days a week from 10am to 10pm with one day off. She chose to have Monday off every week. For this, she is paid SGD1,000 per month with a SGD200 living allowance. Better than what I get but then... I'm really happy with my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment