Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Sister is coming!

On Friday, my sister text me and asked me to call home urgently. I was at work and I felt kind of uneasy as I wasn't sure if something might have gone wrong at home. Somehow, I could feel the sense of urgency in the message. Unfortunately, I could not call home immediately as it was during the peak lunch hour and during that time, we hardly have a moment's rest.

Finally at about 4pm, I called home and she picked up the phone. She told me excitedly that she had accepted a job with an agent to sell clothes in Singapore. She had paid almost SGD8,000 to the agent. I asked where she will be working and she could not give me an answer, so I was kind of worried. As I could not speak for long during working hours, I told her that I will call back again in the evening. My mind is in a whirl... at least I have to thank God that it is not a major catastrophe at home!

When I got home, the first thing I did was to call her again to get more details. The agent even got her flight booked and she will be arriving on Wednesday the following week at the unearthly hour of 1.30am. She asked me to pick her up as the agent told her that he will not be picking her up due to the timing of the flight. He had the cheek to tell my sister to stay at the airport till morning when he will come and pick her up! Damn  agent... after collecting SGD8,000 in agent's fee, they won't even make the effort to pick up a "client" at 1.30am in the morning. At least my agent did pick me up the first time I came, even though he was more than a hour late. Aren't agents an irresponsible lot? Imagine my sister, coming from the country side to a big city like Singapore, with no one to pick her... how would she feel? Good thing I am already here, so at least I can pick her up!

I'm still a little concerned as she still does not know where she will be working. And I have to get to work early the next morning so I won't be able to help her. Hmm.... Not sure now if this is good news or not... but my sister is so eager to come, she can't even wait for me to find her a job to save the hefty agent's fee. I did not even dare to ask her where she got the money from! Maybe I'll ask her when she comes!

2 comments:

  1. Li Jing... welcome your sister to Singapore !Two of you just dont look alike ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 哈哈,很多人都这么哾!但她真的是我妹妹啊!

    ReplyDelete