Friday, December 3, 2010

Finally, a real pair of running shoes!

I had started jogging about a month ago now, almost all the time using an old pair of Converse look-a-like which I brought here from China. They were not the most comfortable jogging shoes. The soles were flat and there were no support for my in-soles. I'm not sure they might pose a health problem if I jog too much in them.

Anyway, 2nd Dec is my first pay-day with this new company and I am happy to say that unlike the other company that can drag your pay as long as ten days, I got mine right on the day! Sometimes it is nice to work for an ethical employer!

As stated earlier, I've decided to "invest" in a pair of jogging shoes, since I had already made up mind to jog on a regular basis. So in the evening, I walked into the Bata shoe shop near my home and bought this nice pink pair of running shoes.... a women's size 6 (US). Aren't they beautiful? I had earlier selected a pair costing SGD38 but as I scanned the shop, I realised that there was this pair on sale at only SGD29. Well, they aren't NIKE's or ADIDA's but I'm sure they'll do just as well. They aren't going to make me run faster, but I'm hoping they'll make me feel more comfortable and provide me the necessary shock absorbancy necessary to protect my joints.

I was so excited about getting them I went home, wore them and took them for a run immediately!

1 comment:

  1. hey i run alot too
    why don't you join me next time ?
    east coast park is great ^^

    ReplyDelete