Friday, December 24, 2010

Sick and so close to Christmas!

For the last two days, I had been feeling lethargic and had a slight sore throat. However, today, it got worse and I could barely wake up. Unfortunately, I was the only one holding they keys to my work place so by hook or by crook, I have to make it to work!

I dragged myself out of bed but I was already late. The clock showed 5.30am when I normally got up at 5am. I rushed through washing up, changed my clothes and headed out the house to make it to the work place just in time. I was dead tired and felt like fainting! Nevertheless, I continued to make coffee and sandwiches just like I did everyday until about 8.00am when I could not take it anymore and called my boss to tell him that I had to go see a doctor.

I came home and went to the nearby clinic at Bedok. I was surprised as there were already quite a few people at this early hour. The doctor detected a fever in me and gave me a day MC and some medicine. He advised me to take more rest and drink more water. I figured that I must not have had enough rest.

Since my sister came, I had been cooking for her every day. She works late and comes home about 11pm every night. I normally wait for her and have a chat with her till midnight before we both go to bed. The problem is that I have to get up at 5am while she gets up at 9am. So since she came, I have been having about 5 hours of sleep every day, which is barely sufficient!

Well, anyway, I did tell her that once she is used to the food outside and working life, I will have to stop cooking and worrying about whether she will find her way home at night. It's just not the worrying alone I guess, I also want to see her because her off day is on Monday while mine is on Saturday and Sunday. Our working hours just don't match quite well which means we will hardly ever talk if I sleep early and she wakes up late...

We'll see how things work out!

2 comments:

  1. Do take good care and get more rest ! Since your job brings you into contact with so many people, there is a greater chance of catching a cold or flu.

    I send you best wishes for a nice holiday time from across the sea in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shaw... wow... San Francisco... how nice! I am well now! Here is wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thank you for supporting my blog.

    ReplyDelete