Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas is here again... and New Year... and then Chinese New Year... how nice! I want to wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

While this is certainly the season to be jolly, I was kind of wondering what might it be had I been working at Bread Junction? Would I have been working over the holidays non-stop? I'm not sure if my sister will be working over the holidays yet... I'll have to check with her later!

While the holidays are fun, sometimes I wish we could be home for such holidays to see our family again. I had not been home for Christmas, New Year or Chinese New Year for three years now. While Christmas and New Year are not such big events in rural China, Chinese New Year is definitely a big, big thing... and all I can do (and all the other migrant workers too) is to call home and have a nice chat with my parents!

"Merry Christmas Everyone!"

While I have no regrets coming out to earn money, I feel sorry for my parents who are getting older every year. My only wish is that they will stay safe and sound for the next few years while I am out here earning money and then I will go back and buy a home and start a small business and be with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment