Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My big eyes!

The other day, a male customer came to buy coffee early in the morning. He was looking down as he placed his order and I turned around to make the coffee for him. I did not think much of it because he is quite a regular morning coffee drinker.

My colleague, who spoke good English asked him, "Why are you looking down?". He blushed a little and said, "I dare not look into her eyes", gesturing to me.... ha ha! And then my colleague asked him, "What's wrong with her eyes?"

My cheeky colleague then turned to me and said, "He said he dare not look into your eyes!". I was also kind of taken aback by the statement and was at a loss for words. I even felt a warmth came to my face as I blushed a little. Then as I regained my composure a little, I handed him the coffee, took his money, smiled at him and said, "Don't worry, I don't bite!"

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should just take that as a compliment. Maybe I'll go back and examine my eyes in front of the mirror!

2 comments: