Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas is just round the corner!

On Friday, my boss called a few of us aside and told us that we need to help decorate the canteen for Christmas. In China, most of us don't celebrate Christmas and even during my last two years in Singapore working in Chai Chee, we hardly celebrate Christmas. So actually, I don't have any ideas as to how "Christmas decoration" should look like. On the right, you will see a picture of me "painting" the pictures with stencils. The picture is rather blur and I am not sure why. All I did was pass my phone to my colleague to take a picture of me for this blog. Somehow the rest of the pictures I took were not blur and hazy like this one???

Anyway, he explained to us our job and told us we can start once the lunch crowd and tea crowd has left. This usually happens around 4pm and we each went our way to do various parts of the canteen. Some of us worked individually while some worked in teams of two, especially when it is a bigger area. We were "issued" with cans of "snow" and stencils where we will use to create the pictures and wordings on the glass door and panels. On the left is my colleague helping me put the finishing touches to another of our "artwork".

My task was to decorate the main doorway with snowflakes, white Christmas letterings and pictures of stuffed stockings, Christmas trees and even Santa Claus etc... and I was to work together with one of my male colleague. It was a fun job, and I did learn something new today, so it was rather fulfilling as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my day, especially as I stood back to admire our finished "work of art"! Here is a picture of the final product on the right and bottom. Does it look good?

If you are ever in the area, do come by and tell me what a good job we have done! Make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment