Thursday, December 16, 2010

Finally... my sister is here!

Finally, my sister is now in Singapore. The two pictures you see here are pictures of me waiting at the airport. I had a drink at the Burger King outlet at the Arrival Hall as I was quite a bit early... almost an hour early in fact. I had to be sure as I had never picked up anyone at the airport before and I wanted to make sure I was at the right terminal.

I had wanted to take a picture of my sister but she resisted (and kept covering her face) as she claims she looked a mess after being on the plane for so many hours! Maybe such vanity runs in the family! I'll try to grab a few pictures of her in the next few days if I have the chance!

We arrived home safely at about 2am both tired but excited. The agent picked her up the next morning (after I had called the China agent to complain) and brought her to their office at Jalan Berseh for some documentation. At about 11am, they told her that she can go home without at least explaning to her how. Interestingly, the night before, my sister had forgetten to take down the address of the Bedok place I am staying (and in my excitement I forgot to give it to her), even if she had the money, she won't know how to tell the cab driver to take her home, let alone take a bus or mrt. My sister had some RMB with her but we still did not have the opportunity to change the money to SGD.

Anyway, she called me when and I was able to give her directions home. She managed to get home safe and sound... smart girl!

I'll take her out to show her Singapore this evening. Afterall, this might be the only evening I get to spend with her as her working hours will be from 10am to 10pm while mine is from 6am to 6pm. She gets one day off a week although this might be a weekday! Sigh! I thought we would at least have one day a week together!

1 comment: