Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Is this good news?

Recently, there's been news that Singapore is going to need another 100,000 foreign workers in the coming future. Is this good news for me? Will the government decided to reduce the quota requirement for foreign workers again so that it becomes easier for us to come Singapore to work?

Recently I called my ex-boss about work opportunity and he had told me that he is still unable to hire any foreign worker. He's also having some difficulty hiring local workers who are willing to do the job that I used to do, at the salary and working hours that we were used to.

At the Chai Chee location, he's down to just one permanent worker from China with the rest all being local workers. While they are short handed, they have to fill in for each other. I can understand their difficulty as even when I was working there with 3 chinese workers, we were all still  loaded to the maximum with work.

Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed as I would still like to work in Chai Chee, so that I can see my old friends again. But on the other hand, I'd be happy to land any job as long as it is a decent job!

No comments:

Post a Comment