Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Farewell my friend!

Sunday was my friend, Jian Wei's last day in Singapore. On Monday, she will be flying back to China and she has no plans to come back to work again... at least for now. Besides being a great friend when I had the opportunityt work with her in Chai Chee, she is also the reason I am able to come back and work for my ex-boss again. Otherwise, I could have been stuck at Bread Junction for the next two years. I had always wanted to continue to work for my ex-boss and I am really really happy that this opportunity has materialize. I will cherish this job for sure!

Please don't get me wrong! I'm grateful for Bread Junction for offering me a job but I really felt like I was pushed around like a... like a... "spare tire". I'm OK if the company compensates me for all the transportation going back and forth, sometimes twice a day to different locations... but then again, that's a subject for another post!

I met up with Jian Wei on Sunday to bid her farewell and had a good steamboat dinner with her near the Kallang MRT. The place was crowded with Chinese Nationals. Somehow, we Chinese have a habit of congregating together, don't we?

We caught up on old times and she gave me some tips on working at the new location located at the Ministry of Education on North Buona Vista Drive. I also thank her for the opportunity she had opened up for me and I sincerely hoped we will continue to keep in touch as good friends are not so easy to come by.

Thank you Jian Wei (if you are reading this)... I wish you well, I wish you a pleasant journey and I hope to see you again!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Li Jing, care to tell me where excatly is this steamboat located at in Kallang? How are the prices like? Cheap and nice? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 对不起黄瓜,我真的不知道啊。是我的朋友带我去的!那里是非常靠近Kallang地铁站

    ReplyDelete
  3. 这样啊,你可不可以帮我问你的朋友呢? 只要让我知道店名还有是靠近Kallang地铁站的什么地方就可以了。我想带我朋友去! 谢谢你,麻烦你啦!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ya, you look gorgeous in the photo you taken with your friend! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. 谢谢!谢谢!Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 好,下一次我给她打个电话,我会替你问!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, no problem la, if really prettly, must praise ma!! Haha. Ok, 非常谢谢你哦!! 不过,别太迟哦! =P Thank you! Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete