Monday, November 8, 2010

Went to Church on Sunday

Some time back, a friend of mine staying at Bedok brought me to a church on Sunday. Since my friend left, I've not been to church. However, last weekend, for the first time, I had 3 full days off. I never felt so restless as I've had almost no day off (well actually once in two long weeks) while working at Bread Junction... So all of a sudden, when I don't have to work weekends plus the long Deepavali holiday... I felt like a free bird and at a loss as to what to do!

I spent most of my time at the Bedok library... for the air-conditioning, peacefulness as well as to read some books. I was looking for some Chinese books that teaches English. I figured that if I had some free time, the best thing to do is to brush up my little English! Also, home in Bedok is just way too crowded and noisy, and sometimes I enjoy a little peace... so it's nice to get away from the house for a while.The Bedok Library has always been my sanctuary... a place to get away for a little peace and quiet!

God works in mysterious ways!

I decided to go to church on Sunday too... on my own.

Interestingly, after so long not being there, I was surprised that some of them still recognize me and were pleased to see me there. I felt good too, especially when they said that they prayed that I will be back in church to join them. I've never been a regular anyway, as my friend was not always around to take me there, so it came as a pleasant surprise that they still recognize me.

It was a nice experience and I even had my lunch there. Somehow, I felt at home. God works in mysterious ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment