Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Can somebody help find a job for my sister?

Ever since coming to Singapore, I have been calling home on a regular basis; every few nights or so. Most of the time, I call home to speak to my mother, just so she is not unduly worried about me being so far away. My parents have been country folks all their life. They've never traveled out of their city, not to mention the country and to them, any foreign place is bad! How can I blame them?

The other person who is always eager to talk to me is my sister. She's been bugging me to get her a job in Singapore. I guess she does not know that the government is reducing the number of foreign workers (at least for now) and it is really really difficult to find her a good job. She knew that I changed jobs and she thinks that it must be very easy for me to change my job, so why is it that I am taking so long to find her a job. Before I left, I promised to help her look for a job and since I came, I have been looking at the papers almost daily and calling prospective employers. Most of them just want PR's and "S" passes.

My sister is so eager she is all packed and ready to come. She even made me give her my bigger suitcase. That's how determined she is.

I kind of dread calling back because I know she will snatch the phone from my mom and ask me about the job and I have to keep giving her the bad news (that I have not found a job for her).

Can any of my readers help her? She is good looking, hardworking and smart too. Unfortunately like me, we never had the opportunity to further our studies due to financial reasons. However, I know she is willing to pick-up and learn just about anything.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment