Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wonderful healthy porridge!

Last night, I came home but decided not to have dinner. However, by 9pm I was starving and for some reason, another of my room mate was also starving. We decided to take a stroll out for dinner. Well the stroll turned out longer than expected. We took a train to Tanah Merah MRT and walked to Simpang Bedok where my friend knew of a good porridge stall.

While we eat a lot of porridge at home in China, I had never had the opportunity to have porridge here. Firstly I don't know where sells them and secondly, it's difficult to order for one person and I often eat alone. Also, it probably does not make economical sense for me to spend anything close to four or five dollars for my dinner. I don't eat much and usually a bowl of SGD2.50 noodle or rice will serve me well for almost a day.

In any case, we were really starving so we ordered three dishes and a soup and two bowls of porridge. It was wonderful, very refreshing and I would think, very healthy too as there was hardly any oil. The soup was good too... black chicken soup. In fact, I enjoyed it so much, we vowed to be back the next time there is reason to spend a couple of dollars more for dinner. The total bill for two came up to SGD8.50... costly (by my standard) but good and in my opinion, worth every cent!

No comments:

Post a Comment