Sunday, November 14, 2010

Took a long good bath before I came to Singapore

When I went back to China at the end of October after resigning from Bread Junction, the weather was beginning to get really cold. Most days, we were experiencing less than 5 degrees celcius and together with the rain and wind (wind chill), it can be absolutely freezing. It's that time of the year again, when taking a bath is a big big chore, much as we want to keep clean! To make matters worse, the rain was pouring almost everyday and many parts of the region were experiencing their worst floods!

As I mentioned in one of my older post, when the weather gets really cold, taking a bath becomes a real problem for us country folks. We do not have hot water or even a heating system in the house and we have to walk out of the house to take a bath as the bathroom is located outside the house about 20m away. We can boil hot water but imaging having to cart them 20m in the cold to take a shower?

So this trip, I intentionally made a trip to the bath house just before I came back to Singapore. I wanted to take some pictures of the inside for you readers to see what it is like. Naturally I cannot take pictures in the actual bathing areas as most of us will be in our "birthday suit", but the general area is fine for picture taking. So here are some pictures for you to enjoy. The one on the right shows the price list for the various services as well.

One of my Singaporean friends saw it, and he said that it is quite similar to some of the "men only" spas in Singapore. Well, I have not been to one of these, so I really don't know. But I can say that they are very popular in the winter in the colder parts of China for both male and females. We have separate areas of course and some of these bath houses are quite luxuriously appointed that we actually spend quite a few hours there each time. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment