Monday, November 22, 2010

My Pigtails!

Today, I got a little bored, so I decided to try a little something different with my hair! They are long, so tied them into two pigtails! I thought this is quite convenient because they are easily controlled and do not look messy.

At my new place of work, there is a regulation that says that all females working in the canteen must have their long hair neatly tied up for hygenic reasons. This is to prevent their hair from falling into the food or even just taking a an unwelcomed dip into a bowl of soup or a cup of coffee! Makes alot of sense actually. Fortunately, we are not working in a factory environment where you hair can get caught in the machinery and pose a safety hazard.

My colleagues thinks I am trying to look young or cute! That wasn't my intention. There are a few reasons I keep my hair long. Long hair gives you many options of doing up your hair and if you really do not feel like it, you can literally "let your hair down"!

The other reason is that it cost alot to have your hair cut in Singapore and I am not sure what hairstyle suits me, so I rather not take the risk during my two years stay here. Two years isn't a long time and can pass at the blink of an eye. So I've decided to take the risk back home when I get back to China. At least when I mess up my hair, I can still choose to stay home and help my mother do the farming, feed the chickens and ducks, plough the land, harvest the crops... where nobody will see me! Even a country girl can be vain you know?

2 comments: