Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jogging to better health!

With my current job, I have more time than I am used to. I work from 6am to 6pm and thereafter it's back home and I am free. While it is nice, sometimes, you are at a loss as to what to do??? For a few months now, I've not had a life at all, it's work, work, work from dawn to dusk... so now, I had better start thinking about how I can best use the little extra time I have.

For a start, I went jogging last evening. I love to exercise but I have not had much of an opportunity to do much of it in the last few years since I started work in Singapore. So I decided I must start jogging again. My place is quite near the Bedok stadium and that's probably the best place to start. I'm still not too familiar with the roads, so I don't want to get lost in Singapore. I know I won't get lost running round the Bedok stadium! I was wearing a cheap pair of China made shoes which I used for work. I will try a few more times jogging and if all goes well, I must get myself a pair of proper jogging shoes... maybe after my first pay day at this new job!

Well, I jogged 5 rounds for a start yesterday. That's about 2km. Not a lot but for a start and after letting my body rust away for so long, that's not to bad, I think! I intend to build up to 10 rounds, so that's about 4km by in a couple of months time. When I was in school, I used to run the 1,500m... so I still think I have a little of that running genes in me still. Hope they are not all lost to age....

I was a little surprised at the number of people jogging last night. The track was quite full with people of all ages who seem to be keen in keeping fit. I saw an old man of about 60+ and I saw kids as young as 8, I guess, together with their parents. It's nice to know Singaporeans are keeping fit. We need that in an ageing society!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Li Jing! Finally you are back!! Welcome to Singapore, once again! =)Glad that you have found another job in such a short time, all thanks to your friend, Jian wei!

    Wah, didn't know you like jogging too, i jog at times too because i'm quite lazy sometimes and its boring to run alone.. no motivation. Haha!

    5 rounds still not a lot?? Are u sure?! Haha. Its a lot for girls standard.. even for guys. In singapore for our fitness test in schools and in the Army, we have to run 6 rounds of the track which is about 2.4km. By the 3rd round, some were already gasping for breath! Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 哈哈,谢谢黄瓜!我不喜欢跑步,但我要有一个健康的身体。所以,我要去跑步啊!

    ReplyDelete