Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bye for now!

23 Oct was my last day in Singapore... for now at least. I have to head to the airport at about 9pm, so I will be busy packing most of this day as well as run some necessary chores. I had a really busy day moving my stuff from Punggol to be kept at my previous landlord's place at Bedok. He had become a good friend after staying there for so long in the past. However, when I first went in to his flat in Bedok, I got a big shock... the place was a complete mess. He had taken in more chinese workers (and I thought the government is clamping down on this) and now there are more than 10 people living in a little 2 bedroom flat. Look at the amount of clothes hanging in the living room!

At lunch, I went to Bread Junction at Punggol to bid farewell to Wen Wen, my new found friend. I was so sad to have to leave her for now at least. We had a good talk and I also bid farewell to some other people I knew from next door, the barber shop. We had become friends too. I was almost reluctant to leave but I had to make my way to Tampines to see my boss the last time to collect my documents and paycheck before I leave.

That's Wen Wen in the picture on the left, taken just before I left. Ha ha, she is a little shy...

I went to Bread Junction in Tampines at about 3pm to collect my last paycheck and my Worker's Permit cancellation letter as well as my passport so that I can leave the country. My boss had refused to give it back to me earlier. And to my surprised, he deducted $85 for three Bread Junction T-shirts which was supposed to be our uniform. How can this be? I even brought the uniform back to return them. Should this not be part of his operating cost? And even if he charges it to us, $85 for three shabby T-Shirts is definitely too much! This is a rip-off! Even Giordano charges less for their nice branded T-shirts. Obviously, I knew he was going to pull something out from his sleeves at the last moment, so I was prepared not to be upset. He wanted me to collect my pay and passport on the last day, so that if I were unhappy in any way, there is nothing I could do as I will be leaving the country... dirty tricks just like what the Skye Imperial Hot Pot City did to the old lady and the younger singer I had wrote about before.

After collecting my stuff, I took the opportunity to say goodbye to the nice lady from Shenyang working at the food court. That's her in the picture on the right in pink. Isn't she a nice looking lady? Unfortunately the toilet auntie had not arrived, otherwise I would have loved to see her one final time as well.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I headed back to Bedok to do my final packing for the trip tonight. When I came back, the Bedok guys and gals were playing mahjong and it was another big mess, but I had to slog on and not be distracted as time continued to tick away.

No comments:

Post a Comment