Thursday, October 28, 2010

Great News!

Just before I quit my job and came home to China, I received great news from my ex-boss while working at Chai Chee. They called me to say that one of the Chinese girls working there will have her contract coming up for renewal soon, and she (the chinese worker) had decided that she would like to go back to China to get married and will not be renewing her contract. This Chinese worker also happens to be a good friend of mine as well.

My ex-boss wants to hire me to replace her, now that he has one headcount freed up and of course I said "Yes" immediately. Today, I received good news that the application to have me come back to work has been approved and they want me to start work on 1st Nov! Wow!

So I guess part of the secret is out. One of the reasons I decided to quit was because my ex-boss wanted to hire me and I much prefer to work for my ex-boss as I am more familiar with the people and job and I will not be pushed around from one location to another almost on a daily basis. It's really not a big problem but it adds alot of additional cost for me to travel back and forth.

I'm looking forward to coming back to Singapore again. Yes, I incurred some cost having to come back to China and then back to Singapore as the system does not allow me to remain in Singapore, but I had to make that sacrifice for the job I want. These two pictures were taken some time back in Singapore but that is exactly how I would have looked if you can see me now... HAPPY!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment