Monday, October 4, 2010

The Old Lady next door!

This old lady looks after the lavatory at the Tampines Central food center and I see her all the time when I use the the lavatory. She is such a wonderful lady, always helpful, courteous and cheerful and she keeps the toilet sparkling clean. Sometimes I will just indulge in a short small talk with her when I am not rushed for time.. like when I have 10mins left after lunch!

The other day, she came to buy a bun for lunch and someone gave me some mooncakes earlier, so I gave her two pieces. She was so grateful that she thank me profusely!

The next day, my boss wanted me to go to their new branch in Sengkang and the day after, I had to go back to Punggol to work. When I got back to the Tampines branch the following day, this nice old lady came by to see me again. She told me she came by the last two days and was looking for me... and she won't buy anything when I am not around. How flattering! She told me she wished she had a daughter-in-law like me but her sons are all married.

She then asked me if I wanted some bowls and some clothes. I was very touched but I told her, "Auntie, you should keep them for yourself as I have lots of clothes. Besides, I am renting a room with a few others and do not have a place to keep too many things."

Life has its twist and turns. Treat people nice and they can turn around and make your day! You never know. This lady sure made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment