Saturday, October 9, 2010

Line dancing in China!

I know that Line Dancing is very popular in Singapore as I often see it in open spaces at HDB's and even shopping centers. In China, we have our own version of Line Dancing and we have lots of big spaces to do them in. This one shown in the picture was done at a local school. During the off-season (non-harvest), my mother wants to exercise and three times a week, she participates in these Line Dances.
One of the evening, about 2 weeks before I came to Singapore, my sister, cousin and I accompanied my mother to the Line Dance. While we did not dance, we sat there and chit chat as well as watch the dance. It was quite an interesting site. In fact, many people came by just to watch rather than dance.
The picture above shows my sister and cousin eating an ice-cream while watching the dance. For those of us not dancing, it's just gossip and catch-up time. In fact, I met a few of my ex-classmates there too.
You can see that as the evening gets darker, more and more people joined in the dance and despite the light rain, they continued enjoying themselves. Maybe they were shy and needed the darkness to cover for their shyness. Maybe there were just too many spectators around. This picture below shows some guys peering over the wall just to have a better look.
Funny how my mother who is so old enjoys these dances while we younger people just prefer to sit down, relax, gossip and watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment