Friday, October 22, 2010

20 October 2010 was my last day working for Bread Junction

Yes, I finally told the boss that I have decided I did not want to work anymore. Some of you may have recalled that I had fought so hard to have a job in Singapore and was elated to have finally got here. So why call it quits? Well, it's too early to tell you why but as a minimum, I have to tell my readers that I have decided to quit. I will be leaving for China on Saturday evening.

However, I will continue to update my blog, Facebook and Twitter account so that my readers will know what is going on. I look forward to being home and taking lots of new pictures.

While this particular stay is short, I have made lots of good friends. The old lady looking after the toilet is one of these and there is another lady selling rice at the coffee shop round the corner. They both have been wonderful friends. I've also got to know the lady clearing the rubbish on the right. Also I must mentioned Wen Wen, my colleague in Bread Junction at Punggol. She's been a motivation for me and a great help as well. I always look forward to being in Punggol so that I can be with her. Interestingly, on my last day, one of my readers nicknamed "Cucumber" came to visit me and we had a small chat as I was also rather busy. It was a nice feeling to meet some of my readers! Thank you "Cucumber", for visiting!

Yesterday (21 Oct), I went back to the see the Old Lady at the Toilet and the Coffee Shop lady and I bought them both a small packet (300g) of Bee Cheng Hiang  barbecued sliced pork. They were both so grateful. We exchanged phone numbers and I promised to come back to see them should I be back in Singapore again. I also took the opportunity to go back to my old work place at Chai Chee to see my ex-colleagues and friends. Many old customers recognized me! It was a wonderful feeling!

So do keep in touch readers... I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment