Monday, March 14, 2011

Treating my sister to Japanese food!

In one of my previous post, I wrote about my first experience with Japanese food. I think it is really nice and wanted my sister to experience it. Last Monday was my sister off-day and I also came home from work a little earlier than expected. Although my official work hours is up to 5.30pm, I usually get off work at 6.30pm after some dilly dally, and also because I hold the key, so I always have to be the first one there and last one to leave. However, this particular Monday, I had the opportunity to leave at 5.30pm and got home at 6.30pm.

I was planning to go jogging but my sister was home. Thinking that I do not have so many opportunities to be with her, I decided not to jog and just spend some time with her.

I decided to give myself and her a treat with the Hong Bao money I collected from the Chinese New Year! I had collected about SGD45 from various people, so we decided to have the Japanese food I wrote about as it is quite economical and yet very nice. My sister had not tried it before... in fact, she had not tried Japanese food before too! So this will also be her first experience.

I ordered my favorite "Black Peppered Chicken Bento Set" at $4.80 while she decided to have a bowl of Tempura Udon. We also ordered a few sushi to try. The bill came to SGD14 so there's change leftover from my SGD45, how nice! At least I get to save some of it.

We both enjoyed the evening... it's not often that we get to eat together and have the whole evening to ourselves, so this is one evening I really will really cherish!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Li Jing, 对啊,你们俩应该宠一宠自己,要吃什么就吃什么,要做什么就去做。套句俗话,人生无常(看日本天灾),人就要活得开心,钱是身外物,要活在当下,该花就得花。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bee Yong, 你说的对!我会听你的话的! 谢谢!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 吃的开心
    真幸福
    有时间,有点钱
    应该和家人享受:)

    ReplyDelete