Friday, March 4, 2011

My favorite haunt - the Library!

It's not so much fun at home when you are staying 6-8 in a room and most are not working. This happens over most weekends when some of my room-mates are not working. Some work through the weekends, just like my sister and have their off-days on a weekday. However, in general, and especially on Sundays, most of us are not working! So what does this mean?

On a weekend, especially around 11am when everyone is awake and getting busy, the house can get pretty crowded. Most people sleep in late, sometimes till 10am or so, especially after a week of hectic work. I am normally up by 8am as I am not used to sleeping-in late at all, especially after 5 days of waking up at 5am each morning.

So where do I find some reprieve from the incessant noise at home? Well, I retreat to the library nearby. The library is a wonderful place for me. It's quiet, cool (especially in Singapore's weather and our landlord does not allow us to use the air-conditioner in the day) and spacious; qualities not commonly found in Singapore these days! And maybe most important of all, it's totally free!

So I have made the library my weekend retreat since I was introduced to it by one of my room-mates during my first stay in Singapore a few years back. My only wish is for them to have more Chinese books! Most of the books are in English and there is a big section for Malay readers but just a few bookshelves of Chinese books. I don't usually borrow the books home; I just read them there and remember where I stop and come back to look for it again the next time. Interestingly, I almost always manage to find the same book back... or is it just that Chinese books are not all that hot!

10 comments:

  1. 很好学哦~~
    你在哪个图书馆啊?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 哈哈Urich, 我去 Bedok Central 的图书馆!最近我的家啊!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. marine parade 的也不错
    离 bedok 不远
    可以一起去 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Urich, Marine Parade 很远!我不能走到那里!哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 你还在跑步吗
    bedok stadium 跑?
    我也经常跑!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 有啊!我有时间就去跑!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Urich...我慢慢的跑!你跑的很快!我比不上你的!Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 你的腿长 ;)
    跑的远啊 !
    haha

    ReplyDelete