Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sick!

On Monday, my sister came home with one big red eye. I asked her what happened and she said she wasn't so sure. She had Chicken Rice for lunch and right after that, her eyes swelled and became red. It was also a little itchy and she had to rub it, making it even redder.

She said she was going to take a rest and the next day, she should be fine. That night, she slept early at about 9pm.

However, on Tuesday, the redness did not go away. She went to work anyway but the discomfort got the better of her and she took half-a-day leave to come home to rest. She sent me an SMS saying she wants to go see a doctor when I get home.

I was a little concerned as I wasn't sure if it was serious. Sometimes, it's a tough feeling to be worried and yet having to continue to work, knowing that there is no way I can help until the day is over.

When I got home, she was already waiting for me. I had a look at her eye and indeed it was getting worse. We proceeded to a doctor in Bedok Central, the same doctor I visited the last time when I was down with flu. I always prefer to visit doctors I am more familiar with. This clinic seems clean and the doctor was very professional, kind and friendly the last time I visited her.

There was about couple of people before us, so we had to wait about 20minutes for our turn.

Our turn came soon enough and we were ushered in to see the doctor. The doctor had a look at her and said it's a common infection. It could last a few days if not treated and there was nothing to worry about, she added. She should be fine with some medication.

With this, she prescribed some artificial tears for her and gave her a day's MC to rest at home.

We both felt a lot better after the visit knowing it was nothing serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment