Monday, March 28, 2011

Keeping food warm!

I cook quite a lot for my sister these days... since I come home early and she comes home late. I would usually do the cooking at about 7.30pm and go to bed by about 10pm. My sister will usually come home at 11pm and by that time, I would be in dreamland. By the time she have her shower, dinner (or supper) will be close to midnight! Although that's not the best time to have dinner and jump straight into bed!

So, how do you keep cooked food warm and ready to eat for about 4 hours (8pm to midnight)?

Well, I bought a two-tier container which cost about 13 dollars from the local supermarket. It is made of plastic and made in my home country, China. However, due to having double-layered walls and insulation, it is able to keep the food warm for quite a few hours. My sister told me that when she have her dinner close to midnight, the food is still reasonably warm! Great!

I'm not sure it's such a good idea to be cooking for her so often. Since coming to Singapore, my sister has complained that she had put on quite a few kilograms. Is this due to eating dinner late and then going to sleep straight away? Or is it just due to a lack of good exercise. As she comes home late, she is not able to join me jogging and when I invite her to jog on her off days, she says she is too tired!

So, I made her promise that she will wash the container after eating, otherwise, I will not cook for her! Ha ha! That way, at least she gets a little exercise after eating!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Li Jing, 是真的,睡觉前吃东西很容易发胖 。你妹妹可要注意了,因为一旦胖了就很难减肥了。

    从网上看到的:

    为什么吃宵夜容易发胖

    吃宵夜容易发胖与宵夜的时间和人体的身体机制有关系,宵夜通常指的是晚间九点至11点后至凌晨四点前,而在此时间段内,人体的副交感神经比较旺盛,肠胃蠕动会比平时多,且吸收力较强,更重要的是吃完宵夜后的人通常不会运动了,此时的基础代谢率又很低,加之宵夜一般都是高油、高热的食物,导致人体内所吸收的热量大大多出所释放的热量,从而转换成脂肪堆积在体内。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings... 你好,李静... Stumbled across your blog last night and have finally finished reading all your entries... Many thanks for giving us people out there an insight into your life in Sg and back home... Appreciations!
    Do keep up the good work and please continue to take us on your journey in life...
    小姑娘,加油...东北人最给力!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ygdsh... I will try my very best to write well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 谢谢你教我 Bee Yong!我会告诉我妹妹晚上不要吃太多,也要多锻炼身体!谢谢!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 你妹妹真幸福
    有个好姐姐!

    ReplyDelete