Thursday, March 17, 2011

My broken shoes!

In one of my older post, I mentioned that I got some of my Adidas shoes from China at very attractive prices. I am not sure if they are the real deal but I do know that after a few sessions in the rain, they start to fall apart!

Recently, after the year end rainy season, the soles of my shoes fell out and I had to glue them together. The first time I did that (with glue given to me by my landlord), it fell out again the next day while in the train (how embarrassing). A student had to point it out to me and I had to pick it up and quickly put it in my bag, hoping nobody saw it. That evening, I went to the hardware store to buy a stronger glue and tried to glue it again. The tube of glue cost me SGD7.

I had put away wearing that pair of shoes, afraid that it might fall apart again. Also, I think that I am not very good at such handicraft (glueing things together) and I can see streaks of ugly glue outside the shoe, especially when it is a white pair! Most importantly of all, I really cannot afford to have it fall off mid-way through my journey in a bus or MRT or even through work! My colleagues will laugh their heads off at me! Even I had a good laugh thinking about how I quickly snatched up the sole and put it in my bag, without cleaning it and even forgetting to thank the student!

But now that the rain has stopped, I decided to put it on again. Last weekend I had to work and I wore it for the entire weekend and so far, it had held together quite well. At least, it saved me from having to spend more money to buy another pair of shoes. And this time, I am in Singapore so there is no chance that I can buy "cheap" Adidas shoes! I had brought 2 pairs with me during my second trip here, thinking they are going to last me the full 2 years. But now, 6 months later... one down, one to go! I have a strong feeling they are not the real deal!

1 comment:

  1. 看起来。不象真的!
    在Queensway 有间商场卖便宜真品牌的鞋
    哪个星期天去看看吧
    我也想买:)

    ReplyDelete