Sunday, March 20, 2011

Singaporeans love a good deal!

I think everyone everywhere loves a good deal... especially if it is free and I found this to be particularly true in Singapore. Several times, when moving around in Singapore, I would witness long queues at certain areas only to realize that they are usually giving away some freebies or are offering some other great value items in one way or another.

Some time back, just after the Chinese New Year, we had lots of candies available and I decided to put them give them out. I wrote a note in mandarin and a translation in my poor English and left it out front. many people came by during meal times and started taking them and very soon, they were all gone! I'm so happy to see them all taken up rather than wasted and thrown away. At least people are enjoying it!

Just a few days back, I received this on my handphone too. I guess even the big players like MacDonalds know that Singaporeans cannot resist a good deal and I am sure they are having good success at this as well. Afterall, a 1-for-1 deal is always too good a deal to turn down. I do not eat at MacDonald's because they are too costly for me, but if I did, I would definitely take up their attractive offer! Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment