Saturday, April 2, 2011

Home made Lime drink!

One of the things I really love about my job is that I learn to make different drinks. Before I came to Singapore, I cannot even make a good cup of coffee. Tea is easy as it is just hot water and tea bags... but brewed coffee is a little different... especially the local variety. However, since coming here, I am now able to brew good local coffee. I can't say how good yet because I personally don't drink coffee but if nobody is complaining, then it must be OK???

Few of the favorites I have learned to make include Lemon Tea and Lime Drink. I really love these as they are so refreshing, especially on a hot day. I even make these at home and keep them in the refrigerator so that I can drink them to refresh myself, especially over the weekend. The local small green lime are actually the best to use for such drinks, instead of lemon, as they are not as sour and sometimes, even a little sweet.

I usually start by buying a small bag (as in picture above) from the local supermarket. They are not costly and a bag can make several cups. Then I squeeze them all in a cup and separate them into smaller cups and add water and a little (just a little) sugar. Simple, effective and refreshing. Occasionally when I feel like it, I add a sour plum or two into the drink and they give a totally different taste... a touch salty but refreshing all the same.

My customers tell me that lime and lemon can keep you slim. That's an added bonus... not that I am fat. Now I realize why my lime, sour-plum lime and lemon tea are selling so well in the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment