Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Some of my room mates!

Ever wondered what kind of room mates you may have if you live like one of us migrant workers? We all stay 4-6 people to a room and often the house gets so packed that some of us have to sleep in the hall. And to make matters worse, we all share two miserable toilets; one in the master bedroom and another common toilet outside. I am quite happy that I leave for work at 5.30am in the morning, otherwise, I have to just queue up to use the toilet!

The lady at the top right works at the airport. She's quite a smart lady, and has her own computer (what a luxury). She is often on the internet chatting with friends at home (China).

Here on the left, is one of room mate who works at a nearby factory. She's a nice girl who keeps to herself most of the time. Sometimes, I wonder if she is happy or sad, although she seems to smile quite often. But I always learn never to judge a book by its cover.

This lady in the black tank top was the one who had a squabble with my landlord over the washing machine. She's actually quite quiet but can be quite fierce at times when the situation calls for it, as I had witnessed. Oh, and she has a pretty loud voice when she decides its time to use it as well!

And this one to the left is our pretty lady with nice straight flowing long hair. She accompanies me to church sometimes and she also jogs with me when she's in the mood. Always the best dresser in our home... the diva among us! She is the same one in the red track suit in the picture above together with the lady in black tank top! She works as a teacher in a childcare center!

This is the cute lady who used to call me "baby" (宝贝)! She's really fond of me and we get along really well. Unfortunately, she will be leaving us soon, probably towards the end of the month. One of the "difficulties" in such "communal" living like we do, is that people come and go. Sometimes you get pretty attached to certain people and it can be heart wrenching to watch them leave. While with today's technology, you can keep in contact easily, sometimes, it can be costly... too costly for many of us.

An of course, there's me and my sister! I'm sticking my tongue out below as I wonder what my room mates will think of me if they find their pictures on my blog! I sure don't want to offend them but I thought it would be interesting to let my readers know who I live with!

Well, in a few days, if you see any of the pictures gone from here, you would know that they have probably requested that I take them down! Meanwhile, have fun reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment