Monday, January 17, 2011

Instant Noodles - Fast to cook, good to eat... but, is it good for you?

Since coming to Singapore more than 2 years ago, Instant Noodle has become my one of my regular meals, especially before my sister came. We (all of us staying together) usually buy a few bulk packs from the supermarket downstairs and keep them at home, just in case we need a quick, fast-to-cook, good-to-eat meal! And they are very affordable. Each small pack of noodle works out to less than SGD0.50 each... and all you have to do is add hot water!

My Singaporean friends like to tell me not to eat too much instant noodles as I may loose all my hair. I have lots of hair and they are really, really long as I had not cut them for more than 3 years now. Singapore is really an expensive place to cut your hair. Each haircut can cost as much as $20 and usually more! I remember when about a year ago, I went to a QB House where they offer $10 hair cut and told them that I want to cut my hair. The lady took one look at the length of my hair and told me that she don't think she can do a good job at it... ha ha! Anyway, that's another topic! Anyway, I certainly don't want to lose my hair!

I love noodles, instant or not... and I especially love spicy noodles like laksa or Thai Tom Yam flavor! I know taking too much instant noodles is bad for health, but sometimes the convenience of it is just too much to resist. And they taste really good too, especially the soup!

Now that my sister is here, I have cut down on eating instant noodles as I have to cook for her (and myself), so maybe I have to thank her for the change to a healthier diet. But I am just afraid that should we stay apart (she says she wants to stay closer to AMK), I may go back to my bad eating habits!

Above, you will see two of my favorite flavors. I usually add an egg and some vegetables to it to increase the nutritional value... so I'm not just eating junk. Makes me feel less guilty eating instant noodles!

1 comment:

  1. hi~~
    of course its not good for u ;)
    i eat alot when i was younger
    my favourite is still Maggi mee

    all the brands have preservative, colouring, artificial flavours
    all bad for humans
    but too bad,,,, taste good...

    ya u have very nice hair ^^
    must be very soft and bouncy

    ReplyDelete