Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Expressions - the window to your soul!

Annoyed!
I've learned in life that your body language and facial expressions tell a lot more about you than what you tell people. For example, you may say you are happy but your face may not show it and that's probably the truth! I've also seen people fake anger and while their voice may sound it, their facial expressions tell me they are not really that angry! This must be a favorite of bosses and parents... ha ha! So there is truth that your expressions are the windows to your feelings!

Pensive?
I'm fortunate to be blessed with a face capable of many expressions. Sometimes, I don't even know that I have them but I only become aware of them after I look at my pictures again. Every now and then, I have a good laugh at my own expressions... wondering how on earth I was able to contort my facial muscles to such an extent! Sometimes the expression looks good, sometimes downright ugly... nevertheless, they probably expressed what I feel right at that point in time.

Tired!
I have never been good at hiding my feelings. So these days, I don't even try... and I let my expressions do the talking... except when I am exceptionally happy of course, then I let my mouth do the talking... or babbling! While not being able to hide your feelings is not always a good thing, I think its a blessing for me! I feel a lot more natural, letting my feelings flow accordingly, instead of trying to bottle them up!

Sleepy?
Fortunately for me, sad days are few and far between. I enjoy my work, I enjoy my colleagues and friends in Singapore and I like the environment too. My mother told me the other day that back home, it is minus 10 degrees below zero and I really dislike the freezing weather we have in northern China. Singapore's weather, while rather hot and humid at times, still beats the freezing cold weather back home any day! Lucky Singaporeans!

Happy!
Of course, my favorite expression is one of happiness. I'm a happy person most of the time and that's the expression you'll probably see the most in this blog. I remembered my first month or so in Singapore when times were really tough and tears do flow occasionally, but things are a lot better now. I've settled my debts and these days, I even manage to save some money. Maybe I can buy a small apartment or start a small business the next time when I go home!
Naughty???

1 comment: