Friday, January 7, 2011

Shopping for a little grocery!

Before my sister came, I rarely cook, other than the instant noodle that I used to eat with maybe an egg in it or so. However, since my sister came, I have been cooking quite a bit for her. I wonder if I can sustain this as it can be quite tiring... especially after a long day's work!

On New Year's eve, I ran out of vegetables and meat and decided to do a little shopping at the Sheng Siong supermarket downstairs. The supermarket was packed with people making their last minute grocery shopping for the New Year, I guess. I was also a little surprised to see that the cashier ladies were still wearing their red and white Santa caps. Didn't they realized that Christmas is over?

I bought some green vegetables, some pork (which my sister likes), some onions, garlic and bean sprouts. These cost me just a little over SGD20 but I figured I could cook about four meals for two, so it's still cheaper than eating out! Since my sister came, I am finding it harder and harder to save! Ha ha!

Maybe my readers can help me make some side income by browsing some of the advertisements on my blog if you find that it interests you!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats very nice & you are very sweet to your sister. Hopefully she can cook for you someday!

    Christmas season lasts a long time and it doesn't end on 25/12. And so its ok to have Christmas decorations before New Year...
    ... but its bad luck to keep them up too long. Must be down by now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can include a "donation" button at the top of your blog as some people who enjoy reading your blog may choose to donate than browsing the advertisements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bee Yong... for your comments, valuable suggestion and for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete