Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dictionary!

Yesterday was a wonderful day!

One of our regular customer came by and gave me a Chinese-English dictionary. She must have known that I had been trying very hard to improve my English language skills. I appreciate this act of kindness very much as it will come in really useful for me when I have to search for words that I do not know.

Learning English can be really tough. However, with the help of friends and the friendly people around me, I am even more encouraged to pick up the language faster. I know it will help me in my job and even when I do finally go back to China.

If you are reading this and are working at the MOE, do speak to me in English and test my English every now and then OK? I can only learn faster when I start speaking or listening to people speak. You may also laugh at my response, if it is wrong... that's OK! I appreciate a little fun every now and then! The mos timportant thing is I have to learn!

Afterall, what is life if we cannot make a fool of ourselves every now and then???

Thank you, my friend, for giving me this dictionary. I will put it to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment