Friday, July 22, 2011

We bought a computer!

When I was staying at the old place, many of my room mates had their own computer. They use them to chat up friends back home on QQ chat as well as to watch movies. I remember that many weekends, I watch movies with them when there is not much to do.

I had always wanted to computer. Not just to chat and watch movies of course but to learn it and use it. I want to make sure that when I go back this time, I learn some new skills. The two main skills up on my list are English and Computer skills.

After my recent QQ session with my brother, my yearn to have my own computer is even stronger.Both my sister and I decided that we should buy our own computer so that we can keep in contact with my brother and loved ones at home. If my brother is home I may even be able to see my mother!

We decided to take the plunge and scrap together some SGD500 to get a computer. I do not really know what to get so we decided to get the cheapest one that can do the job. I took the model no of the model I borrowed from my teacher friend and went to the shop hoping to get the same model.

I can't wait to show my parents how we are living here, I want them to see my new room, to see my sister and me together, to see that I had taken good care of my sister to the extent that she is gaining some weight... ha ha! I am also sure my parents will be happy to see us "live" in person. They do not know how to operate a computer so we can only do this when my brother gets home!

My friends have told me that the internet line at home may not be strong enough or even be able to connect. My brother uses a little device that plugs into his computer and the last time that I saw him, he was coming through not very clear. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be able to work well from my home.

The computer that we chose is a ASUS EEPC which is something quite basic for our use, just enough for all the functions that we need. We are not fully computer literate and so choosing one is not so easy. We gave the model number we wanted to the shop and they told us the model is no more in production and recommended the one above at the same price. I am not sure if this one does the job well yet, but we will see! So far, it's good and I like the all white design too.

And it is also small enough to carry around should we need to... Yes it cost a bomb... but as long as I can communicate with my parents and brothers in China and see them, I think it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment