Thursday, July 7, 2011

A big meal again!

These days, I work alternate Saturdays at the canteen at the General Hospital, a new location my boss "picked" up some time back. I got to know the colleagues there very well and last weekend, one of them decided we should all go out for a good meal after work.

I wasn't working that day but I decided to join them. For some reason, every Chinese worker here seems to choose "hot pot" when selecting a place to eat. Not sure why this is so? Do Chinese really enjoy hot pot or is it because it is just low cost enough that we can afford?


Incidentally we went back to the same place next to the kallang mrt station where my friend, Jianwei, brought me before she left. This place seems to be really popular with Chinese migrant workers. Must be the very attractive price. However, because we were early, it wasn't as crowded as before. We had a good time. The food wasn't great but it's always great to get together with friends and enjoy the afternoon.
As you can see from the videos I took, we had a good time. It's not often we get to chat about home and life in Singapore but when we do, it's a fun time! I really cherish these times with good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment