Monday, April 25, 2011

Making Soba!

There are always good friends around to support you. I have a friend at where I work who knows that every now and then, when I get lazy, I eat instant noodles. In a previous post, I also stated that they are fast to cook and good to eat!. She explained to me that instant noodles are not healthy and usually has a lot of MSG, making you thirsty after the meal. Sure, they taste good, but they are definitely not the best for you.

The other day, she brought me a packet of Japanese Soba and the associated sauce and taught me how to make them. I had to boil them till they are soft enough to eat, then wash them down with cold water so that they do not stick. Then I pour out some of the Soba sauce, dip the noodles in them and start eating.

To some, the idea of cold noodles may not be very appetizing at all but in China, we are quite used to cold noodles. In fact, it is quite a delicacy although, it is quite different from Soba. I tried the cold Soba noodles that she prepared and it is quite delicious.

She gave me the remaining pack, which contains another three servings and whatever is left of the bottle of Soba sauce, so that I can try them out at home. She told me that it is true that Soba costs more, but they are also more healthy, especially when topped with some dried seaweed!

I can't wait to test out my new found skills on my sister! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment