Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Looking for a room - 2

Some time back, I wrote about looking for a room to rent. Well, I am still looking. and getting more desperate by the moment!

Here is why! Just last week, my landlord announced that he had intention to cut our rent from SGD210 to SGD190 per month. Sounds like good news right? Well, however, he added that he is going to split the electricity bill to all of us. This, he said, is so that we will actually make an effort to save electricity. Looking at the previous month's bill, it will add between SGD30-40 each for each of us. This will bring our monthly rent to between SGD220 to 230, more than what we are paying now.

A few of the more vocal among us protested. All the landlord could tell us was, "If you don't like it, then find a new place to stay!"

I got so desperate I have been buying the papers everyday to look at the "rooms-to-let" page. In fact, I have been looking at it for more than two months now and yet I am unable to find a room. This is also partly because I hardly have the time to go view the room unless it is after work, and by then, when I get home, it is normally past 7pm.

Recently, I resorted to calling agents to help me look too but to no avail. I even posted up a sign at the Bedok bus stop stating my intention. I had several prank calls instead. I really do hope I find a room soon as this place I am staying at is getting really crowded and sometimes a little inconvenient.

2 comments:

  1. I've a female colleague from China who may be able to help provided upper Boon Keng Road is ok for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 谢谢您帮助我!I still prefer Bedok first but Boon Keng is ok if near MRT. I will let you know if I cannot find a place by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete