Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My off day!

I had my second off day after working here for almost a month now! How time flies! When you are working seven days a week with only 2 days off... you literally don't know what to do when you suddenly are given a day off!

While I truly value this one free day in 2 weeks of hard work, I was just suddenly at a lost. What makes this day even more valuable is that it's not a fix day, so I cannot plan for it. My boss arrange the day off and will just tell us a few days in advanced. So all the more, I should value it!

So, what did I do all day? Well, I woke up a little later than normal. Had my bath and went to the supermarket to buy some stuff. I had always wanted to cook at home to save some money but till now, I did not have the opportunity to do it.

In the afternoon, I decided to visit my old friends at Chai Chee Technopark. I took bus no 3 to Pasir Ris followed by a train to Chai Chee. Was I glad to see them again! After 2 years of working together, they are like a family and friends. And the place has not changed much. I felt so at home I almost wanted to walk behind the counter and start working again! Incidentally, this might be the last time I am able to see them here as my ex-boss will be giving up this place by the end of the September.

Interestingly, a few customers came by and recognized me and came to have a chat with me. A few saw my article in the Lianhe Wanbao and one even saw me while he was jogging in Punggol. What a small world! The lady sitting in the picture above is "Yan Jie", my favorite friend, mentor, "mother"... she's everything to me! The man to the right is her husband who comes by to help her at the stall everyday.

I had a wonderful day-off and I really did not want it to end! However, as always, all good things do come to an end. My only regret was that my ex-boss was not around or I would have loved to see him again and tell him how much I appreciate working for him after all the experiences I had with other employers!

In the evening, I went to Bedok to see my ex-landlord and had a light dinner with them before heading back to Punggol. They were good friends too and I recall the good memories I had while staying there. Sure, there were arguments, and other unhappy events... afterall, we had almost ten people crammed into a 2 bedroom unit... but the good times sure outnumbered the bad! Let bygones be bygones!

Enjoy the few photos I took of all my ex-colleagues that day! They were great colleagues, especially the lady on the top left who had been a great friend, mentor and mother to me while I was here all alone. What wonderful people. I am going to miss them all, for sure... and my customers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment