Saturday, September 11, 2010

Just when I found a place...

When I first came back to work for Bread Junction, I thought I was suppose to work at the Tampines branch, since that was where I went for my interview the last time, before I left Singapore after my Chai Chee stint. As such, I decided I will continue to stay in Bedok, since I am familiar with the landlord and I still have some friends there. However, on my first day at work, my boss told me I will be working at the Punggol branch. The distance was way too far and I decided I have to find a place in Punggol to stay.

After one week, and looking at the papers almost daily, I finally found a place about a 15 minutes walk from work. Imagine to my surprise when my boss told me after my second night staying in Punggol that he will need me to help out at Tampines as Hari Raya is coming and many of his Malaysian workers will be taking a break (this was about 2 weeks before Hari Raya). I asked how long I was needed to help out and he said probably about a week... and one week turned out into two...

I really do not have a problem helping out at all... and as I always said, I'm used to the hard work. What is tough on me is that I have to tell my landlord at Bedok that I have to put up at his place for a week and then two... and  now I end up paying double rent for almost 2 weeks! Well, I could continue to stay at Punggol and make my way to Tampines but I will incur about SGD6 transport daily, not to mention the time lost. So, it's pretty much the same... so I'd rather lose the money all the same and at least save the time!

Well, who said live was easy anyway... and I really should not be complaining. In fact, I am grateful I have a job in Singapore.

Anyway, I've included two pictures of me here. One taken in my new room in Punggol and the other of me in a bus on the way to work in Tampines!

No comments:

Post a Comment