Friday, October 7, 2011

Sharon came to visit me!

As I write this, I just ended my second week making coffee after my ex-colleague, Sharon, who used to make coffee left. Today, I had a pleasant surprise when at about 3.30pm, she walk into our work place and said hello.

I asked her what brought her here and she just said she wanted to visit us because she missed us. While work at Old Chang Kee is fun (she said), she still missed this place as she had worked here for a little over 4 years.

Sharon (that's her name), asked me how I was getting on and I told her I was struggling... yes still struggling but doing ok and learning all the time. I had lots of questions for her. Which customer wants their coffee really thick? How much sugar should I add? When should I replenish the coffee powder etc... etc...She was innundated with questions from me. Nevertheless, she was really helpful and did her best to answer all my questions. I really appreciate her visit as it helps answer many questions I had.

Sharon works from 7am to 3pm and hence she has a big part of the afternoon off, which is good for her. At least she will find some time to do some of her own things. They work 8hrs day with one day off a week. Quite nice actually.

We had a good chat and I made her a cup of coffee. Time really flies when you are having fun. Well, it got to 6pm really quick and Sharon and I walked to the MRT together.

We had a good talk and I promise to visit her soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment