Saturday, October 8, 2011

Some people are asking me to take down their pictures!

Recently, I was rather surprise and in many ways, disappointed, to receive a few calls from my friends who saw my post on this site. They have requested that I take down some of their pictures.

Despite the fact that I had been posting for more than a year, they only got to know of it through the power of facebook. A friend had added me on facebook, then saw my blog and found her pictures in there. She then informed some of my other room mates.

My old room mates have told me that their bosses saw my post on the living conditions and have shown it to them. They feel ashamed and embarrassed. I found this rather disappointing as I feel people should not be ashamed of their real living conditions. Some of them have told theri boyfriends, bosses, colleagues that their living conditions were actually better and were afraid that they will get to see this blog and find out that their living conditions were actually quite appalling.

While I am not concerned about my posting since I only post the truth, I also do not want to inconvenience my friends. As such, I will be taking down some of these pictures in the near future. I will be replacing the picturees with the sign on the right. I am considering if I should continue posting. My only reason to post is to keep a record and for others to know "the other side of the story".

Sorry my friends, if I have inconvenienced you in any way!

Thank you for supporting me.

2 comments:

  1. Do not stress yourself over this. Next time just ask your friends. In America we realize that the Chinese Government hides things to the rest of the world. When I visited China back in July I soon realized how most people live. It amazes me that most Chinese do not even realize how bad it is. I see improvements being made but see a big gap between the wealthy and the poor. I should also say almost everyone I met was wonderful. The Chinese people went out of their way to make this laowai comfortable.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Li Jing, as one of your long-time readers, I hope you will continue to post here about your daily life, experiences, and thoughts. It is indeed quite interesting, sometimes humourous, and always enjoyable to see things through your eyes. I am sorry to hear that others are worried or embarrassed about the photos. Too bad they don't have the confidence, courage, and strength to see things as you do. I for one hope to continue reading our blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete