Thursday, October 20, 2011

I visited Sharon!

After Sharon (the ex-coffee lady) came visit me the other day, I decided to do the same and pay her a visit as well. She now works at Old Chang Kee at the Velocity shopping center at Novena.

So last Saturday, when I had finish my English class, I decided to pay her a visit. I had to rush a bit as she finishes work at about 2 -3pm. It was initially hard to find as her directions were not very clear. She had told me to take the left exit from the MRT and I got lost and had to walk a long distance. This was followed by a few phone calls as well as asking around, before finally finding her.

She's working in a small stall with 4 people. 3 were Chinese workers. 2 of them worked in the kitchen cooking up stuff while another two, including Sharon, were at the front attending to customers. They were really busy and business seems good. While the working hours is shorter (6am to 2pm), there is almost no rest time as there is almost always someone there buying something. This must be a tough 8 hour job. At least in my currentl role, I am able to take a short rest during the "off-peak" hours of the day, despite the longer hours.

Due to the nature of her work, we hardly got a chance to talk as she was always serving customers. After a few short chats, I decided not to cause her too much trouble and decided to take a walk in the shopping center. At least I got to visit her... as she is a good friend indeed!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment