Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Bubble Tea Shop in Bedok!

Today, as I was walking home from the MRT station, I noticed quite a lot of people standing near the corner of one of the shophouses in Bedok Central. Out of curiousity, I walked nearer to see what was happening. Only on getting nearer did I realised that they were queueing for Bubble Tea. A new Bubble Tea shop has just opened here. It's called Koi Cafe.

Looking at the long queue, I decided to try it out as I had not had my Bubble Tea fix for some time now. I decided to order two, one for me and one for my sister. I ordered the Milk tea with Grass Jelly and Pearls... yummy...

I cannot believe it when they issue me ticket. My number was 738 and the queue number was 730. I still have to wait for 7 more customers before I get my tea. Business must be really good.

Koi Cafe is really costly. The two Bubble Tea cost me S$10 ie $5 each. The other shop nearby only sells them for like S$3.50 each. But after one sip, I understand the long queue. These Koi Bubble Tea obviously is something different, more fragrant and the grass jelly just flows into your mouth. The "pearls" are chewy too... wow... delicious. I'm sure my sister will love it too.

But at this price, I better not have it too often. $5 a cup is a lot to pay for Bubble Tea. I could have lunch and a drink and still have a little change left over. Scary but nice!

Share

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised bubble tea is making such a dramatic comeback; what's happening?

    ReplyDelete