Monday, October 17, 2011

New English Class!

I had already gone through two sessions of the English Class and while it is tough for me, I kind of enjoy it. I enjoy learning the new words and phrases and practising them on my friends and customers while at work. It's kind of fun!

Sometimes I feel like a fool when I say something and they do not understand me only for me to realise that I had mispronounced a word or two. But we learn from mistakes, don't we? And sometimes making a fool and laughing at ourselves can be a great stress reliever too!

I wrote about my boss passing the job of making coffee since my colleague left. With this new role, he said I need not work on Saturdays, so I decided to continue with my class. I had contemplated on stopping as I felt bad that I cannot get to work on time because of my class. It is unfair that my colleagues work a full Saturday while I go there only after my class ends. But now that I do not have to work Saturdays anymore, it's a motivation for me to continue.

I went down to the community center to apply for the next intermediate class. Don't be fooled by the word "intermediate" as it is still pretty basic. It is just "intermediate" for me in particular... and I'm looking forward for it to start!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment