Friday, October 14, 2011

No Class!

Last Saturday, I dutifully made my trip to the local community center to attend my English Class. When I arrived, I realized that the door was closed and there were 2 other people waiting outside.

I then suddenly remembered that our teacher had told us that there won't be any class this week as she had some matters to attend to. She said that she will make it up another time. While I felt kind of stupid to have walked all this way, I laughed at myself all the same. At least I wasn't alone and there were two others. They were new and they missed the previous class when the teacher told us there won't be class this week. So, not really a consolation for me.

I told them there will be no class, and we had a good laugh at ourselves. I then made my way home and stopped by Bedok Point to take a look. They were having a book sale and I decided to browse as I realised that they had quite a few Chinese Books. Also, I suddenly had an hour or more of free time and I decided I shouldn't just waste it away doing something unproductive. I seldom see book stores carrying alot of Chinese Books so this was quite interesting for me. I decided to spend more time browsing. Before long, I had spent more than an hour at the bookshop... just browsing here and there.

I ended up buying a book which I felt was quite interesting for SGD13. It's about opening a shop and the skills needed for it. It's something I want to consider doing once I get back home to China, so I might as well learn something now while I have the time. Interestingly, this was my first time at Bedok Point... when I just live a short walk away!

On the way back, I was rather hungry, so I stopped by the local bakery to get two buns for lunch! This local bread joint makes some nice coffee buns that smells so good even when you are outside. I just could not resist getting two of these for my lunch... yummy?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment