Monday, October 24, 2011

Living with someone but never seeing them!


Have you ever lived with someone but seldom have a chance to talk to them or even see them, except when they are asleep? That's the case for me at the moment!

I live with my sister, not just under the same roof but in the same room and sleeping on the same bed. If I tell that to most people, they would be thinking, "How nice and how close these siblings are?". Nothing is further from the truth... and the truth is that I find that we are drifting apart because we hardly ever get a chance to talk to each other, other than the occassional SMS message in the day.

In the morning, I wake up at 5am to get ready for work. My sister is almost always still in dreamland. She hardly stirs, even when I have to turn on the lights. I can fully understand as she must be so tired standing for almost 12 to 14 hours every day. By 5.30am, I am out of the house and off to work. At about 8am, my sister would get up and it is then her turn to get ready for work. She usually leaves the house at 9am to get to work by 10am as she usually works quite far away... currently in Ang Mo Kio.

I finish work at about 6pm and usually make my way straight home. I am usually back by 6.45pm or so. Sometimes I go for a jog, sometimes I read my books and watch the news on my computer. Sometimes I go to the supermarket to buy some groceries and have my dinner at about 8pm. Usually by 9.30pm or 10pm, I would go to bed as I have to wake up at 5am. That will give me about 7 to 7.5hours of sleep.

My sister usually gets off work at 10pm. By the time she gets home, if she does not work overtime, it will be at least 11pm. I would be deep in sleep by then and I seldom if ever stir, even when she comes home and turn on the lights. I wear eye patches to sleep, so I seldom even notice that she is home. Sometimes my sister would work overtime to do the packing and get ready for the next day. This usually means she will be home by 2am.

So the only time I get to see my sister is on her off-day, which is usually once in two to three weeks. She only takes off when she is really really tired as her objective is to earn as much as possible during her stay in Singapore.

So there you go! Living with someone you love, and even sleeping on the same bed, but seldom ever get to speak face-to-face! How pathetic? Do you face this problem?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment