Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My good friend - May!

It's not often that you get a good friend at work but if you do, it is such a blessing! Working life can be tough and cruel and good friends make working fun! I am fortunate to have a few good friends here and there wherever I go and I treasure them alot. Being a migrant worker can be lonely at times. It is also nice to be accepted by people other than your own country folks. I learn new cultures, mannerisms and even new words and phrases from different people. Some local friends were surprised when sometimes I utter, "Wa lao eh!", a phrase which I picked up while in Singapore!

I have a good friend I want to introduce to my readers. Her name is May and she is a Malaysian who works with me at MOE. May is one cheerful person that always never fails to make my day. She is always smiling, joking and poking fun at people. She is sharp and witty and it's just so much fun exchanging words with her. She has her own facebook page as seen on the right here...

May is also a great help at work. When I am working and she has done her work, she will always come by to help me. If I have to be in the kitchen, she will help me mend the stall. If I have to be at the stall, she will help me with the kitchen work. Sometimes we both work at the stall and that can be really fun!

What I like best is that with her around, I actually look forward to going to work! When there is a little bit of free time, we would sit and chat, eat together or even "shop" a little at the little stalls that are set up in the eating area. The pictures here show May shopping for a bag at one of the stalls.

Recently, May had her hair done as well, so I told her I am going to post a picture of her now hair-do here on my blog. Do "like" my blog on my facebook page so that I can show it to May ok? She's such a constant source of fun and encouragement for me!

I really enjoy her company and I dread the day when we have to part. Some day, that may come... but as for now, I am going to enjoy every moment I can with her.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment