Monday, September 12, 2011

Checking out cheap air tickets

After my rather unsuccessful visit to the NATAS fair, I decided to take the advise of some of their agents and visit their offices in the city. One Saturday, after my work, I decided to go to People's Park to remit some money back home. Incidentally, that's where many of the travel offices are located as well, so I decided to take a walk around and check out some of the travel offices. I was actually quite surprise at how big People's Park is as I seldom walk around even though I go there to remit money every month!

I visited quite a few travel agents and they were all quite crowded as well. I found out that there is a second building beside as well and another one called the Pearl's center further up the road. Unfortunately, I was quoted quite a high price of almost SGD900 for my air ticket to Shenyang by many agents. That's almost SGD200 more than I paid the last time when I went home and that would mean that I will have nothing left to buy anything for my parents and brothers! They say it's the peak season!

But all hope is not lost. One agent suggested that a cheaper way may be to take a ticket to Shanghai and take a high speed train from Shanghai to Beijing. Beijing is not too far from Shenyang and from Beijing, I can also take a train back home. That may be a good idea to save cost but I am not sure it would be a good idea to travel when I have limited number of days back home. The train itself is about 4 hours and that means I could take as long as 12 hours just to get home instead of about 8 hours. And added to that, the train crash recently in China is still clear in my mind... But the yearn to go home and see my parents is too strong this time, so I am still eager to seek a solution! I spent about 3 hours there and at the end of the day, I was hungry, thirsty, tired and a total wreck. A food stall I came across look so delicious I decided to treat myself to a good meal!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment