Monday, August 29, 2011

Bread ends never tasted this good!

I love to eat the end of a bread loaf because I like the tough texture of the bread crust. Interestingly, most people do not like it although I know that some locals like to buy french loaves to dip in curry. French loaves are tough, just like the ends of a typical bread loaf.

In the place where I work, we collect the bread ends and crust when we prepare sandwiches to sell. We usually discard a few bags of these at the end of the day or someone will come to collect them, either to sell to farms or use as fish food etc...

One day, I decided to take some of these home to make french toast. I have eaten french toast made with sliced bread  but never with the end of the bread. This would be my first experiment!


That day when I got home, I excited prepared some eggs and made about six slices of these "french toast". When done, I realised that they tasted wonderful... better than those made with normal bread. I normally eat two slices but this time I ate three and left three for my sister to eat when she comes home late a night! Maybe this is an opportunity for me to save some money too... afterall, these bread ends are thrown away most of the time.

Maybe her putting on weight was indeed my fault after all... I used to prepare food for her to eat and she sleeps immediately after eating!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment